The Antonius Chapel on Fratres stands on the southern slope of Fratres above Spittal an der Drau and is a Roman Catholic branch church of the parish of Spittal dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua. The chapel was donated in 1675 by the Ortenburg country judge Franz Grillenperger and his wife.
A sacristy is attached to the east and a porch to the west of the chapel with its polygonal choir end and bell stalls. Inside, the murals on the barrel vault dating from around 1771 show scenes from the legend of St. Anthony. The late Baroque altar, made around 1675, depicts the apparition of the Madonna and Child before St. Anthony on the altarpiece from the second half of the 18th century. The church's other furnishings include two wooden candlesticks from the first quarter of the 18th century and 18th-century consolgi gourds of Our Lady with Child and St Joseph with Child. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
am Fratres9800 Spittal/Drauinfo@kath-kirche-kaernten.athttps://www.kath-kirche-kaernten.at/pfarren/kirche/C3207/antoniuskapelle1